The lecture titled “Comprehensive Cutting-Edge Therapeutic Approach in Acne, Still a Work in Progress” was conducted by Dr. Sonia Go-Baluyot while the Critical Analysis of Journal Demo of Application of Dermocosmetic Question and Answer was Emceed by Dr. Onessa D. Lacaba on January 11, 2018, Thursday, 8:30AM at Annabel’s Restaurant Tomas Morato Quezon City.
Seventy Two PACCD members attended. The 4 major pathogenesis of Acne:
1) sebaceous hyperplasia with seborrhea
2) ductal hypercornification
3) P. Acnes colonization
4) inflammation and immune response were discussed in detail.
New Paradigms were noted:
ACNELAN Professional Method for Intensive Treatment of Acne-Prone Skin:
Major Ingredients include:
> Salicylic Acid
– inhibition of 5 alpha reductase
> Sodium Lepargilate
– keratolytic & comedolytic
> Mandelic Acid(AHA)
– exfoliating activity
> Shikimic Acid
– inhibits action of Lipases
– significantly reduces fatty acid production
– inhibits bacterial proliferation
The same lecture were conducted on January 12, 10am at The Black Pig, Muntinlupa City; January 18, 10am at House of Lechon Cebu City; January 25, 10am at Pipanganan Capampagan Restaurant at San Fernando Pampanga.